Frontend engineer focusing on performance, a11y, and i18n for awesome user experiences.
2011 – PresentWalmartLabs – Mobile Web Architect
2011 – 2011Set Direction – Sr. Software Engineer
- Created retail in-store mobile application prototype under Android
- Built tiledroid, an android map widget supporting arbitrary tilesets and world dimensions
- Developed HTML5 reader application
- Implemented facebook comments UI and feeds on functionsource.com
2010 – 2011Palm, Inc. – Developer Relations Engineer
- Developed and maintained Facebook for webOS.
- Created open source libraries webOS platform.
- Created open source tools for common developer use cases
- Blogged on topics of interest to webOS developers.
- Provided developer support on Twitter, forums, and via direct contacts.
2006 – 2010Xythos Software – Software Engineer
- Designed Web 2.0 Framework
- Updated Web 2.0 and legacy application for ADA compliance
- Developed thumbnail UI for primary application UI
- Implemented CSS minifier, sprite generator, and resource aggregator to improve application performance
- Implemented modular installer for dual-product installations
- Designed database merge utility and resolved issues from different database structure
- Customized OGNL library to resolve performance issue
- Prototyped VM-based development environment
- Performed Tier II support
- Implemented custom Java fork library
- Maintained build and installer routines
- Designed upgrade test framework
- Developed DoD 5015.2 compliant content management system
- Managed redistributed library versions including YUI, Struts2, dhtmlxGrid, and Tomcat
2005 – 2007University of Illinois – Application Programmer
- Managed branding of web-based content management system used by 30,000 users
- Implemented account management tools
- Designed usage monitoring service
- Developed automated testing and distribution processes
- Managed version control of all related projects
2005 – 2006Motorola – Test Engineer
- Designed manual integration test suites
- Developed test suites for J2ME Java implementation
- Developed automation tools for execution of Java-based test suites on embedded devices
2002 – 2004Black Hawk College – System Technician
- Managed software deployment using Remote Installation System and Microsoft Systems Management Server
- Developed enterprise-wide system patching processes and procedures
- Developed web-based asset inventory protocols and software
- Designed and enhanced system deployment methods
2011 – PresentLumbar
2011 – PresentThorax
2010 – Presentgradient-scanner – Creator
2010 – Presentborder-image-generator – Creator
- Componentized VM and compiler.
- Implemented template precompilation.
- Added npm module support.
2009 – PresentFirediff – Creator
- Designed DOM event tracking framework
- Implemented page snapshot UI and serialization routines
- Implemented unified diff generator
2009 – 2011Firebug
- Reimplemented search functionality to support multiple documents and directional searches
- Fixed User-Agent CSS handling
- Improved duplicate CSS sheet handling
- Implemented change monitoring interface for Firediff integration
- Enhanced CSS editor to allow creation and editing of CSS rules
2006 – 2007eFusion Project
- Implemented Winsock Service Provider for Pragmatic General Multicast protocol
- Developed distributed multicast protocol for real-time presentations
May 2007University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign, ILB.S. in Computer Science3.4/4.0
Dec 2004Black Hawk College – Moline, ILA.S. with Computer Science emphasis3.4/4.0